1. Condition about half a package of red Sculpey clay. To do this, first press clay into a fairly flat sheet and feed it through a pasta machine at the thickest setting, this is setting #1 on the knob. Next, fold the sheet in half and feed it through again. Repeat this three or four times. Then increase the setting to the next level. Continue feeding the clay through the machine, three or four times at each level of thickness, until you get to setting #5.
2. Roll clay through pasta machine on the thickest setting.
3. Lay rolled out clay onto wax paper.
4. Cut 2 hearts, 2 crowns and a star out with cookie cutters.
5. Stamp clay with textured objects, ie. old jewelry was used in the example.
6. Place a crown above a heart, making sure the textured side is face down.
7. Cover inside layer of clay pieces with clay glue.
8. Push wire eye pin into center of clay pieces and wings onto sides.
9. Sandwich metal pieces between the 2 sets of heart and crown cut outs, by pressing the 2nd set onto the 1st, texture side up.
10. Glue star onto favorite side and smooth out any gaps around wings.
11. After oven has been pre-heated to 250 degrees, bake pendant on craft sheet for 25 minutes.
12. Allow piece to cool entirely.
13. Rub black paint into textured areas and wipe it off the raised areas with a moist paper towel.
14. Apply silver Rub and Buff to star and crowns and re-bake at 200 degrees for 10 minutes to set the paint and Rub and Buff.
15.Create a wire wrap at the top of the eye pin.
Now you are ready to follow your heart and see where it leads!