“Need Direction?” by Tatiana
The inspiration for today’s project came from some letter blocks my kids had in their closet. Since these poor little letters were being neglected by their owners, I decide to play with them myself. Here is how this piece came into being.
1. I found a canvas with a not so attractive print on it at the Salvation Army.
2. Covered the printed image with white Gesso and let it dry overnight.
3. Painted over the Gesso with a gold paint and brushed the edges with a maroon paint.
4. Painted a heart with red paint and drew all the veins in with red Puffy Paint.
5. Drew wings onto a piece of white cardstock and glued them next to the heart.
6. Attached scrapbook stickers of arrows around the heart.
7. Glued typewriter key images to circular wooden pieces.
8. Used E-6000 glue to attach wooden pieces and the letter blocks to canvas.
9. Covered entire piece with FolkArt’s Gloss Varnish.
Hope the simplicity of this project inspires you to create a little something of your own!
Wishing you smiles and sunshine,